Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Benefit Watt's Up Review

Hello ladies.

Its probably not a surprise that I'm a massive, massive Benefit fan. Most of my make up bag has come from Benefit. I love going to look at new releases in store to find out what they've come up with this time. As America gets them first, I usually have seen a beautiful swatch here, a full face of make up done with it here, so my mind is usually made up before I've even stepped foot in a shop.


Benefit Watt's Up. I had been lusting after this since it first hit the shelves. However at the time I had just brought Girl Meets Pearl and decided that I probably didn't need another highlighter, even though I really wanted it!


It comes in a cute cover with a plastic slide out box. It's a new style of packaging from Benefit, it's usually just a cardboard box with the item held inside with a cardboard squares. I do like the update, it gives the box an more luxurious feel.


I just adore Benefits packaging, and Watt's up is no exception to this. The purple plastic is shiny, with two lids at either end, the top one shaped to look like a light bulb. I also love the font they've chosen for "Watt's Up!", very fun and girly. 


The bottom end has a sponge applicator, which you would use to blend the highlighter after applying it to your face. 


The top end homes the highlighter itself. Under the bulb lid it also comes with a small plastic covering cap to stop the product drying out if the first lid hasn't been put on properly, which I thinking is a really simple but really effective addition. The highlighter is a solid cream, rather than a liquid like High Beam or Girl Meets Pearl. The surface of the cream is large circle so a lot of product transfers at once. 


Once applied it a muted champagne gold colour. As with most Benefit product it is highly pigmented and has is very shimmery. This is a wonderful summer colour, perfect for highlighting cheeks and brow bones.

Watt's Up retails at £24.50*, which is a little steep but with all Benefit products, the will last you a life time.

Are you ladies fans of Benefit? Have you tried Watt's Up?

X

*I was sent this by Benefit, after, long story short, I made a complaint to Benefit after a run in with an incredibly rude Benefit make up artist, who called me stupid after mentioning I wasn't a fan on the new foundation. This has never happened to be before, and the customer care team were absolutely wonderful and replied to my complaint within 3 days. 

12 comments:

  1. Gahh this looks so pretty! I love a bit of Benefit, haven't tried this though, think you've just sold it to me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger is where all my "must haves" come from! Terrible for my bank balance!

      Delete
  2. Have been looking for a good highlighter and want it now, ha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, although a little steep in price for me!
    I can't believe the woman called you stupid, how awful! I am glad their team dealt with it well =)
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was literally stunned, I thought I had heard her wrong and had to check with my friend I had heard it properly! The ladies at customer services were lovely, she seemed as shocked as I was! x

      Delete
  4. I live this highlighter! My makeup bag is pretty much all Benefit at the moment! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same hun, I don't think there is much of anything else :D x

      Delete
  5. I need to try watts up!! I like benefit but right now I use benefit's high beam highlighter, which is liquid.

    http://preponderance-of-fashion.blogspot.com/
    My Hermès & gift card giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I've had that as well, I still have Moon Beam, I've had a fair bit of their stuff :p x x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!