Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Lush The Melting Snowman Review

Hello lovely ladies.

As I mentioned a couple of days a go I am house sitting for my mum, which mean I have access to a bath! When I do I tend to go a little Lush bath bomb crazy when I can get to a bath, because I honestly miss having a bath at home like crazy! I've got a few of these Lush posts planned but I'm going to try and space them out a little. So, on to the review. 


He's an awful cute little fella, but he kind of reminds me of something else... something that personally is a huge part of Christmas for me...



The Snowman! I've watched this every Christmas Eve on channel 4 for as long as I can remember, and although it's one of my favourite films of all time, I refuse to own it on DVD, as I can only watch it once a year with, when it's on channel 4! So, on to my Snowman bath! 


Once popped in to the bath, The Melting Snowman really does, well, start melting! Although he's a repeat from last year, he's undergone a bit of a scent make over! Last year he smelt pretty much the same as a Butterball, but this year he's apparently has a "hot toddy", which is a hot whiskey drink with tea and lemon and possibly a cinnamon stick. The Melting Snowman smells to me like hot spices, which just so happens to be one of my favourite scents! He officially contains cinnamon, clove, patchouli, benzoin, lime and sweet wild orange oils  His eyes and buttons are made of cocoa butter, so he also promises to be quite moisturizing.


Once melted, as with other bath melts, it leaves little globules on the surface of the water, as the oil isn't able to melt in to the water. As well as cocoa butter eyes and buttons, his body has almond oil in as well. It left my skin feeling so so soft and lovely without leaving a greasy layer on my skin. 


Once I was all done with the bath & let the water out, all that was left was his little ginger nose, which made me think of another part of The Snowman...



The bit that gets me choked up every time! The bit where the little boy runs outside, and all that's left of his Snowman pal is his coal buttons, scarf, hat & his orange nose.

I would highly recommend The Melting Snowman if your looking for a bath bomb that will leave your skin feeling lovely and soft. However it's not one of the most exciting Christmas bath bombs, but on the other hand at £1.95 each it's the cheapest of the range, and would making a brilliant stocking filler that doesn't break the bank.

The Melting Snowman is available from in store at Lush or on the Lush website here.

So ladies, have you tried this years The Melting Snowman? What did you lovely ladies think?

X

22 comments:

  1. I love the christmassy stuff Lush brings out :) And one that smells like spices? That sounds perfect :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D It really is lovely, I love spicy scents

      Delete
  2. I didn't fancy last year's scent too much so I'll be checking it out this year as I love spicy scents. Whenever I see the snowman all I can think about it the Irn Bru advert :') x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The melting snowman is one of my favourites, I was so happy he came back with a makeover. For a totally awesome bath try using a melting snowman with a cinders bath bomb, so warm and spicy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I wish I had as I actually have one of those as well :D

      Delete
  4. I'd love to get this for Christmas, sounds so nice :) xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D It really is lovely one, nice and purse friendly too :D

      Delete
  5. Omg, I can't wait to see this film on Christmas Eve! It's my first UK Christmas. haha After this spoiler, I'm sure I'm go na cry! lol The melting snowman sounds lovely, I need anything moisturizing that I can get my hands on!! Followed your blog! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an absolute must see, its so fab! And thank you lovely! x

      Delete
  6. Oh wow this is so cute! My work puts on The Snowman every year, and as I do all the show programmes I've got to put the programme together, judging the childrens' colouring competition, making up little games...it's so fun! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww how cute is this little guy!? I love how he melts and really does remind you of the Snowman. I'm not the biggest fan of lush smells but might brave it to get this :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's slightly different to most Lush smells, so might be a good one :D

      Delete
  8. I adore that you included photos of The Snowman in this :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I thought the eyes and buttons were actual chocolate chips - now I'm glad I didn't taste them LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha to be honest I've tried the odd bit of Lush bath bomb (just out of curiosity) and they usually just taste a bit salty!

      Delete
  10. He's so cute! I'll have to pick a couple up, it's the most Christmassy scent of the lot this year imo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D He deffo smells like Christmas, wrapped up in a Snowman!

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!