Saturday, 10 November 2012

Retro Lush - Magic Bath Bomb Review

Hello pretty ladies.

As I mentioned earlier in the week I have been house sitting for my Mum, and taking full advantage of the bath! If your a fan of Lush you may know that on the Lush website they are bringing back several retro items a month for a limited time, which I personally think is a fab idea, as there are so many Lush bath bombs and other bits and pieces that I've loved that have come and gone, so today's bath bomb review is of the Magic bath bomb.


The first thing that drew me to this bath bomb is the shape, I've always been a big fan of the shaped Lush bath bombs, even if I wasn't keen on the smell I'd still buy them. Magic is a large diamond shape (or a tetrakaidekahedral if you want to be technical) in a bright blue colour. Magic is described as: "Amongst all the sweet fragrances of this year’s Christmas products, Magic provides something a little different for the discerning bather. It uses native herbs to conjure a mystical aroma that’s sure to enchant and put on a colour changing show as it fizzes round the tub." To me is smells like a mixture of basil and mint and quite earthy. So, on to the bath pictures. 


At first the bath bomb turns the water the same colour as the bath bomb itself, bright blue! The mint and basil smells are released strongly, with very subtle undertones of rose. 


After a few minutes the bomb reaches its core, which begins to release the purple as well as few basil leaves. The core smells more like basil than mint, so that begins to take over the smell.


Once most of the bath bomb had melted away it left the water a dark blue, with a build up of purple from the tiny part of the bath bomb which wouldn't melt. It also left a fair few basil leaves on top of the water, which is fine but slightly messy. As for the scent when completely melted it becomes the scent definitely leans towards more of a basil scent, with very slight undertones of mint. As for the rose scent of the outside I personally couldn't smell it at all, but as mint and basil are both strong scents I guess it was probably overpowered.  

So, overall what did I think? Its a nice bath bomb, not a great bath bomb.  Most of the layered bath bombs are much more exciting in that they tend to fizz for ages, this one however only lasted a few minutes. I personally really like herby / earthy scents but this will not be for every one. It's also fairly pricey, as all the retro items are, at £4.20 each plus postage which is also quite high. Personally I wouldn't buy it again but it was nice to try!

If you wanted to try the Magic bath bomb, its only available online at Lush here.

Have you ladies tried Magic? What did you think?

X

11 comments:

  1. I'm not keen on herby scents but I love the colour it makes your bath water. I think I'd try it if it wasn't for the £4.20 price tag. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really cool! I've never tried a bath bomb before.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah bath bombs are the best, I miss them so much at home! x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. :D same, Lush shaped bath bombs will get me every time x

      Delete
  4. Magic was the very first multi layers bath bomb that lush created which is why the design isnt as advanced as some of the other multi layered ballistics. Im not personally keen on the scent but I love the colour the water goes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you, I didn't know that & same, a nice blue bath :D x

      Delete
  5. That looks awesome, I have only tried fizzy cubes from Sephora but I am sooo looking forward ot get some from Lush too :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!